One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
ISBN: 9781476776903 (paperback)
ISBN: 9781476776910 (ebook)
ASIN: B0176M3XWQ (Kindle version)
Publication Date: June 7, 2016
Publisher: Washington Square Press
From the author of Maybe in Another Life—named a People Magazine pick and a "Best Book of the Summer" by Glamour and USA Today—comes a breathtaking new love story about a woman unexpectedly forced to choose between the husband she has long thought dead and the fiancé who has finally brought her back to life.
In her twenties, Emma Blair marries her high school sweetheart, Jesse. They build a life for themselves, far away from the expectations of their parents and the people of their hometown in Massachusetts. They travel the world together, living life to the fullest and seizing every opportunity for adventure.
On their first wedding anniversary, Jesse is on a helicopter over the Pacific when it goes missing. Just like that, Jesse is gone forever.
Emma quits her job and moves home in an effort to put her life back together. Years later, now in her thirties, Emma runs into an old friend, Sam, and finds herself falling in love again. When Emma and Sam get engaged, it feels like Emma's second chance at happiness.
That is, until Jesse is found. He's alive, and he's been trying all these years to come home to her. With a husband and a fiancé, Emma has to now figure out who she is and what she wants, while trying to protect the ones she loves.
Who is her one true love? What does it mean to love truly?
Emma knows she has to listen to her heart. She's just not sure what it's saying.
Meet the author:
Taylor Jenkins Reid is an author, essayist and TV writer from Acton, Mass. Her debut novel, Forever, Interrupted, has been optioned with Dakota Johnson attached to star. She is adapting her second book, After I Do, for ABC Family. Her most recent novel, Maybe In Another Life, has been featured in People, Us Weekly, Cosmo and more.
In addition to her novels, Taylor's essays have appeared in the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, xoJane and a number of other blogs.
She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Alex, and their dog, Rabbit.
Connect with the author: Website | Facebook | Twitter
As a participant in the Book Sparks Summer Reading Challenge 2016 (SRC2016), I've been asked to answer a few questions about Ms. Reid...here goes:
- The first book I ever read by Taylor Jenkins Reid was After I Do as part of SRC2014.
- My Wish for Taylor Jenkins Reid as a Mom is to simply enjoy every moment as your baby will be graduating from high school and leaving home before you know it.
- My Wish for Taylor Jenkins Reid as an author is that she becomes just as well-known and beloved as Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele.
- My Favorite book by Taylor Jenkins Reid...that's a difficult choice and I can't name just one so After I Do and Maybe In Another Life.
- Who is your One True Love? My One True Love isn't a romantic love, it's a maternal love and it rests with my stepson Abdullah. I never thought I'd have children and being his stepmother has been the best experience I've ever had.
Buy the Book
Available from BookDepository | Alibris
Shop Indie Bookstores
Shop Indie Bookstores